geiger counters - which do xray detection?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

ones that can detect xrays are the ones that detect
alpha or beta particles?  several ones are listed on ebay.
(sorry if this is a repeat message, I accidentally deleted
the "geiger counters on ebay" message)

I would expect that since xrays penetrate the body many inches
that alpha particles aren't energetic enough, but I would expect
beta though.

I am I off track here?  Anyone know what "safe" levels are or how
much for a single xray?
If I find out, I'll let you all know.

larry.