Re: MY FIRST TESLA!!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PLUGHzz-at-aol-dot-com>

FINALLY!! I have been messing with this thing for weeks well actually months,
with different power supplies, toroids, primarys etc.

I got my 15kv 30ma from ups about a week ago then promptly ordered some mini
caps from geekgroup, but couldnt wait so I tried a few saltwater caps to no
avail then tonight I was rummaging through my garage for a dialectric and
happened upon a roll of caution tape I laid out some and made a poly cap and
hooked it up and whammmo 10" arcs to the ground and 6-7" streamers flowing like
dancing landers!!
I was soooo excited I was yellign at my wife to come look , she got scared and
went back in the house heh, shortly after I flashed through the dialectric and
went from 10 layers of poly to 12 and got almost no effect and eventually
burned through the dialectric.

Thx for the help all of you with your sites and stuff,
My tesla
secondary= 760 turns of 26 guage aluminum coated wire on 2" X 15" abs pipe
primary= 17 turns of speaker wire wrapped around a AM PM cup heh
spark gap= just 2  1/2" copper pipes
power= 15kv 30 ma nst
toroid= 4" styrofoam ball covered in alum foil (PS the easy way to do this is
to cut the alum foil intolike 3" X 3" strips and spray them with a light coat
of spray adhesive then stick to ball and spoon smooth.

a curious question .. why did #2 poly cap not perform as well as the 1st? I
thought more dialectric it would perform better?

AHHHH I cant wait for my MMC's!!

Danny Ray