Re: Don't throw out the oven!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

It would be designed to keep microwaves inside up to the frequency it was
designed for.
You'll notice a lot of holes on the front door.
For a "hole" like that to block RF, it must be at least as small as the
frequency (you want to keep out) 1/4 wavelength.
Its probably well designed to keep in frequencies up to about 2.5-3 GHz, but
beyond that, probably not.  Of course it may be designed to
also trap some of the higher harmonics of 2.4 Ghz as well.

Dan