2uF 660 VAC capacitors available

Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

List members -

I purchased some 2 uF AC capacitors and ended up with more than I needed.

These caps are unused, removed from a sealed carton. They are manufactured in
the USA by Mallory, have internal thermal protection and use PCB-free mineral
oil dielectric fluid.They are rated at 2uF -at- 660 VAC, and are perfect for
fractional-horsepower capacitor-run motors (blowers and small rotary spark
gaps). They might also be useful for "tuning" John Freau's rotary spark gap
phase-adjust circuit, power-factor correction for small NST's, or any place an
AC-rated capacitor is needed. These are rated at 660 VAC instead of the more
common 240 VAC, and probably have a higher safety factor for use around Tesla
coils where there may be RF spikes present on the AC line voltage. Price is
$1.50 each; the current Newark catalog lists equivalent parts for around $10.00
each. Please contact me off-list if anyone needs some. For anyone planning on
entering Gary Lau's Mini-Coil contest, these may provide useful PFC for the 4kV
- 20ma NST.

Scott Hanson