Re: BPS, J/bang, and spark length

DB

I suspect that a breakrate somewhere in the range of 100 to
150 BPS will be best for a given input power.  However these
low breakrates may require the use of a larger toroid compared
to higher breakrate systems.  A too small toroid will produce
multiple but shorter streamers.  Low breakrate coils may also
benefit from the use of smoother toroids.

Perhaps the best breakrate will depend to some degree on
the size and frequency of the coil?

John