RE: Wire-wound resistors as dummy test load

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I don't have an answer to the variation in inductance (does seem odd) but I
question the utility of dummy-loading just the power supply.  The load
presented by a tank cap being discharged by a gap bears no resemblance to a
resistive load.  A power supply loaded with resistors probably won't need
any power factor correction, while the "normal" configuration will be quite
another story.

Further, an 800 Ohm, 800 Watt load is only suitable for an 800V power
supply, much too low for TC use.  W=V*V/R.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA