motor run caps

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ellis_p-at-picknowl-dot-com.au>

Hi All,

I know this is a bit of topic but...(it is for my coil through)..

On the weekend I found an old (and small) synchronous motor (1500rpm).
It had four wires.  The red and green were soldered together, the black
and white were separate.

I guess that this motor needs a motor run cap.  Does anyone have a
formula to work out the size of the cap required?

The specs on the motor are

1500rpm
115 vac
50hz
0.02 hp

I have emailed the manufacturer but they are a little slow to respond.
The motor looks quite old.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Justin.