Re: Objections to Steel Wire?

There are different views on steel wire.  In general, copper,
etc, are cheap enough that using them saves argument.

A few technical points, tho:
	Measurements (from lightning work) show that
	there is little difference, since most of the
	current, at those freqs, is in the skin anyway.

	For many years, _steel_ was routinely used for
	lightning rod down conductors, and allowed by code.
	(dunno if it still is....).

	The freqs in lightning cover a range similar to
	those involved in Tesla Coil work.

	And, Bell Labs, which knows a bit about technology
	specified (and may still do so?) Copper Clad for
	aerial wires to house drops.  This was influenced by
	cost and strength, but, ferinstance, this 53kb data i
	send seems to travel nicely thereon...

Intellectual curiosity makes me wonder what the actual impact
to performance would be, if tried...
(I'm not about to, and not proposing that anyone else do so...)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge