Re: Hi ,Im new to the group need to ask a couple of teslaquestions.

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

i used that integral 15/20 20khz transformer for my tesla coil. my tank
capacitance was set at 24nf and it ran at about 10bpsand got 8" arcs to a
floating ball of aluminum foil. for diodes i used 4 flyback transformers that i
had fried. i used the whole thing not just the diodes, because the secondary
was shorted the inductance wasnt a problem. they got hot fast though and would
stop working after about 10 seconds. these transformers are internally
ballasted, like most nsts so a current limiting resistor isn't needed. i would
also recommend getting a new transformer, it was too much of a pain to get this
thing going. i have to get around to getting a 60hz transformer too, i gave up
on the high freq. transformer.

 Tesla list