New Twin Transformerless Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Today I modified my capacitive transformer mini-coil to operate in "twin
transformerless" mode by winding an identical secondary and connecting it
directly to the influence ring of my first coil.

Performance was pretty rotten at first with only a protruding wire and no
proper terminal (small purple arcs to grounded object only).A 1 2/8" copper
disc was then  attached to the top of new secondary which, -judging from
increase in spark length to grounded object- caused an increase in voltage, no
doubt due to better tuning of the new secondary.

There is voltage also between the terminals of the two secondaries as evidenced
by sparks between a wire attached one of the secondaries to the other.
and there is definate attraction of corona towards the space between the two
terminals.
The sparks appear weak and corona-like however -due to the high-impedance of
the parallel-network source, perhaps?

I also feel that the series-resonant input is very current-hungry with two
resonators since each from the input side is a series-tuned circuit (ie. low
impedance) and there are two of them  in parallel (lower impedance still!)
Incidentally, L1 is same inductor (61.08 uH)
as used for the single capacitive transformer TC.
Am I reaching the limits of what is possible with an rectified ignition-coil HV
supply
powered off a 13.8V 5 Amp power unit?

I intend to build another ring same size as the first at the same height to go
around the base of the second secondary and to be connected to it. Could it be
that by slowing the voltage rise on the second resonator (by connecting a ring
to intentionally increase C3) a better overall performance might result?