Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generation here . . . .

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I have interested in ball lightning since I was a kid
Ive seen video of someone making ball lighting with
a high voltage discharge from a submarine battery bank into the edge of a
metal  pool of water I believe. very tiny little balls of lightning "maybe"
room temperature plasma yeah, stable not for but a second....
There is the idea that you can start a match or other souce of vaporised
carbon
 inside fish bowl arrangment, inside of a microwave oven. This seems to make
a plama of some kind that will travel about the top of the fish bowl...
a stable room temperature stable plasma NOT
just an effect of the microwave inducing energy into the carbon vapor Id
bet....maybe ball lightning without the HV...
I do remember reading something about Tesla being disapointed never seeing
Natural ball lightning, but that when he had reproduce such phenomena in the
lab he vemenently stated that he wished he had never seen the phenomena that
jump from 1 piece of equptment to the next burning and destoying things
along the way......
definitly dangerous and truely fascinating
but may have to go with the never want to see it except on film maybe
idea....
My best guess would be HV + some mixture of carbon from an inceneration
event produces the rare natural type.  Maybe a little microwave radiation +
a bit less than natureHV and some vaporized carbon might make a good Ball
lightning experiment....

I would definitly recomend not doing BL experiments with out a lab and some
decent funds to replace everything destroyed in a successfull test.....
Chris