Re: Anyone ever successful with Ball Lightning generation here . . . .

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Captain,

> I too watch the ball lightning subject.  Lots of cheap talk, but so far
> those that have demonstrated solid reproducible ball lightning are...
None ;-)

	Concur.  One problem with BL is that, since its not been
	solidly reproduced, its real hard to tell what it IS.

	Much of what gets claimed as BL seems actually BL
	_like_, ie its real easy to drive enough energy into
	a cavity at VHF or microwave to get  'plasma ball'.
	I fail to see how that can account for 'free range'
	BL.  Some (outside the TC community) seem to apply
	BL tag to any little glowing effect.

	Tesla, for instance, seemed quite careful to
	_not_ be directly asserting that his 'fireballs'
	(as i think he called them) _were_ BL.  Tho his
	observations, at least some of them, seem as good
	a starting point as any.

> The number solid reproducible ball lightning experiments/demonstrations
> remains at a very solid "zero"...  A few folks have attempted to reproduce
> the Corum's ball lightning work but without successes and some bitterness.

> I had an idea many moons ago that I was going to explore, but as I write
> this I seem to have total forgotten what it was 0:-)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge