RE: Greg's MOT New Stack (long post--sorry!)

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Hello, Greg.

Howdy,

> I'm curious if you are using static gap, or a rotary
> gap? What is the size

Single static gap quenched with a centrifugal blower
from a shop vac. I call it the "inside-out sucker
gap". Details are on my site.

> of your capacitor in nF? What size are your output
> sparks in feet?

47nF MMC. I dunno about the spark length. 36" to 48"
range mostly? But sometimes, a streamer will curl
waaaaay downward and outward to strike the concrete
floor! I've also had a few curl downward and strike
stuff on the bottom deck! If I straightened one of
those out, it would be lots more than 48". This thing
really needs a bigger (or smoother) toroid if I want
to improve the spark length. However, I like the looks
of multiple smaller streamers.

> Your pics look GREAT!

Thanks.

> Wow....I need to invest in a digital camera.

Mine is a Kodak DX3900. Fits in my shirt pocket.

Regards,

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg