RE: Temp gun

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

The point to this thread was to find a way to gauge the heating of one's
capacitor.  I don't think digital precision is needed here.  If the
capacitor is perceptibly warmer than when it started, there's a problem.
If it remains cool, it's not a problem.  We all use bleeder resistors
across our caps, right(?), so the finger/cheek test should present no
problems.   If you've got a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, use
it to buy a better cap or a bleeder resistor, not a meter to gauge how bad
your existing cap is!

Gary Lau
MA, UASA