IR Seeing (Re: Gaps and caps)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Allanh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<allanh-at-starband-dot-net>

> You can pick up an inferred camera for abut $39. from most of the
> electronics parts houses. Its a single chip camera mounted on a small PC
> board, about 3/4" square.
> I've used these and they work great. They can see a hot clothes iron in the
> dark, or the flash of a remote control.
	Which reminds me....

	Most/all video cams, have sensitivity into the IR.
	I've never investigated, but seem to recall they, in fact,
	have an IR band block filter (optical hipass) to aid image
	clarity...  'stray' visible can make interpreting
	results iffy, but might be worth a thought.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge