Re: Toroid construction

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Out of curiosity, are there only 4 tacks holding the ends together? I
can TIG weld, and it would seem to me that while four good tacks would
easily hold it together, that the seams would come apart in between,
leaving gaps. It would seem to me that it would be better to just weld
the whole seam. What kind of duct do you use?

 Oh BTW, if you think welding on a pop can is hard, try welding on
aluminum foil. And yes it can be done, not by me, I can weld pop cans
together all day long, and I didn't believe it till I saw it.

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein