Re: PDT (Pig) failure modes

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Hi Dave

I agree, the transformer is dead. You could never match the precision of the
winding machines. Also where could one find the professional insulation
materials. But there are still possibilities. If the short is near the top
of a HV winding, you might be able to unwind to below the bad spot and still
have say 12,000 output volts. Yes there are possibilities if you are willing
to put in a lot of work.

Godfrey Loudner