Re: VTTC help

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

> Really, why do i need rectified AC?  Why cant the tube just rectify?  and
if
> so how do i do this, and furthermore, how can i keep the output relatively
> safe to touch?
>
> Sorry for asking so many questions, and sorry if i dont make sence with
> certian things, im learning.  Thanks again guys.
>
> Steve Ward.
>
> _

Steve,
You do not need the rectifier and capacitor that appears in my schematic. I
only did that so that I could modulate the arc.
If you feed the tube with AC, and allow it to self rectify, you will get a
much longer streamer! My streamer length doubles when I use raw AC. My
circuit uses a blocking capacitor so that there is no DC on the tank, but
don't touch the output. You will get a nasty RF burn!! Also be careful when
you are near the coil while its operating. Your body will pick up enough RF
to give you a burn if you touch either grounded metal objects, or large
metal objects with sufficient capacitive coupling to ground.

Sue