Re: Variac Schematic question.

Hi Vince, (ascii art)

If using the variac for voltage control:
Ignore terminals 1, 5, 6, 7

(line common)--------- 2 --------------(xfmr common)

(line hot)------------ 4
(ground)-------------- Case

Note, you could use 4 for common and 2 for line hot.
This simply reverses knob direction for min to max.

Safety tip: mount a plate over the connector plate to prevent accidents (such
as bumping into the variac) or mount variac in a control box.

Take care,
Bart