Re: g11

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> > Where can I buy a g-11 epoxy/glass laminate disk?  Where can I buy the
> > material online?  I do not have to tools nesessary to machine a sheet into
> > disk, so I need to know where someone could so that for me.  Could a
> lumber
> > yard do it, or do I need to go to a machine shop?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> >
> > __________________

Ryan,
I had very good luck cutting rotor disks using a router and table. Cut
the disk close to od after the centre hole is drilled, I bolted the disk
to a plank and used a new carbide cutter with 1.5" flute length. I
clamped the plank to the table, bumped it over until the highest spot
hit the cutter, then slowly rotated the disk by hand and cut until all
high spots were gone leaving a very nice disk.

 pics are at: http://www.fortunecity-dot-com/meltingpot/syria/1210/id29.htm

maybe you have a friend with a router and table?
Good luck,
Marc M.