Re: g11

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 8/31/02 4:32:46 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Where can I buy a g-11 epoxy/glass laminate disk?  Where can I buy the
>  material online?  I do not have to tools nesessary to machine a sheet into
>
>  disk, so I need to know where someone could so that for me.  Could a
lumber
>  yard do it, or do I need to go to a machine shop?

Ryan,

McMaster-Carr, www.mcmaster-dot-com, will sell a 12 x 12 x 3/8 sheet for around
$53.
Working with Garolite needs a drill press and a lathe. I use a bandsaw to cut
the disc.
Lacking the tools you will need a machine shop. This begins to get pricey.
Phenolic
sheet is easier to work with and less costly. Garolite is the best. BTW: If
you are making anything that requires a center, always punch the center point
first and lay-out all
other measurements from that point before you cut anything. That way, even if
the disc is not a perfect circle, the contact points and the center hub will
be.

Hope that helps.

Ralph Zekelman