Re: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

Hi Dan,

My work with MMCs started in finding a better cap for Chip's now famous
"Halloween coil".  Chip ran his pig system on top of his house at
Halloween.  But he exploded two nice commercial caps doing it :-(  So the
quest for MMCs began...

He latter replaced those caps with the 'now' older Panasonic MMC caps.  He
can't blow it up now :-))))

You need to watch RMS and peak currents.  Don't go over 2X the
manufacturer's specs. ;-))  I would not drive peak voltage over 25% spec.

Big MMCs can easily handle pig systems with a little care.  They are far
more capable than any comercial cap but you just have to watch the numbers
more.

Cheers,

	Terry