Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Simonas,
As I understand three phase circuits, the best you would get from this
arrangement is about 4400 volts, or about the voltage of two MOTs in
series.  You would get 3X the current capability of one MOT pair, and less
ripple on the DC because of the three phase advantage.

To get 6 x 2200 volts out, you would have to have all 6 transformers lined
up in series so that the peak voltage would be reached in each transformer
simultaneously.  That will never happen in your three phase star arrangement.

HTH,
Dave