Re: Tube regulator for removing ripple . . .

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Pi filter - either LC or RC will work wonders.  The Pass Labs XA series
audio amplifiers (the XA200 runs about $40kUSD!!) use multiple series RC
filters for power supply ripple rejection.  I don't remember specific
details, but the filters use thermistors.  Pi filters are supposed to work
really well with class A loads (constant current draw), which sounds close
to what you're doing.  A few quick and simple SPICE simulations would be a
huge benefit, I think.

As someone else suggested, a capacitance multiplier would be good, too.
Although developed for an audio amp power supply,
http://sound.westhost-dot-com/project15.htm is a good example of a capacitance
multiplier, IMO.

Isn't this whole thread a little OT?

Regards,