From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 12:58 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Twin Tesla coils

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi everybody,

Finally got everything working with the big coil. (a 6 inch secondary may
not seem big for many of you, but it is for me) I'll post some pictures as
soon as I can find time again to fire it up. On to the next project... my
electronics teacher recently acquired a semi-put together coil from another
school who's electronics class went under (ahh... the wonders of public
school funding =P ) and had no idea how to make it work. So I decided to
help him get it working before I graduate. This thing needs ALOT of work, (
the spark gap is 2 spaced screws, they lost the HV capacitor, primary can't
be tuned, no topload, etc. ) but the thing I noticed is that they have two
identical secondary coils. ( I'm guessing in case one ever failed ) So I'm
thinking of making it into a twin tesla coil system. So I'd like to know
what is the theory behind twins? The main idea I had about them is that
they have the same tank circut, but it then splits! off into two identical
primary and secondary coils. So how do you get the two coils to be 180
degrees out of phase with each other? Anybody have a link to a website that
has a schematic or something? Thanks.

-Chris