Re: Mag amps and generators ?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mark Snoswell by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark-at-cgCharacter-dot-com>

 > I was just thinking about totally different power supply configurations
 > for TC's ... I thought I remembered hearing that Tesla used high
 > frequency AC generator at one stage? ... Anyone remember or can confirm
 > or refute that?

	He sure did build a number, some of which are covered in his patents
and others of which are described in in "Researches, Experiments, and
Writings"  (book is in another room and I forget the exact title).  He
built several very clever machines and talked about using them for
communications.

 > Has anyone tried, seen or thought about building a high frequency
 > generator for TC's --  it would not be easy, but could be quite robust.
 >
 > I was also wondering about Magnetic amplifiers -- you can pump very
 > large amounts of power with these and they are extremely robust -- In
 > the past they have been limited to LF because of core material
 > limitations. However I have a AMCC1000 metglas core here (Honeywell)
 > that can handle KW's at 100Khz +   ... And it just made me think of Mag
 > apms
 >
 > ... Anyone? ... Tried this or got any ideas?
 >
 > Mark

		Magamps are control devices, not generators.  They need an external AC
power source.

Ed