Re: OLTC maggy

Hi Steve,

In general, the faster we can convert the low voltage high current primary
energy into higher voltages and low currents somewhere (anywhere) else, the
lower the losses will be.  In a magnifier, the second stage may be useful.
to store energy longer with lower loss while the final primary can convert
that energy into sparks.

There is a problem with getting even higher coupling than we have now.  We
just don't have enough turns to get in the say 0.7 coupling area.  But we
may be able to hit one of Antonio's "sweet spots".  This may also help the
recharging problem you mention.

A magnifier may also be easier to tune since we have more freedom to play
with the secondary frequency in a three coil system.

Cheers,

         Terry