Re: Magnifier primary

Hi Ed,

It's just a small ultra precision vise.  Fits the mill fine and is heavy to
help damp vibration on a small light machine like this.  It has very
accurate dimensions so it is super easy to quickly setup to very high
accuracy.  It works perfectly!!  The little machine is well under 1 HP so
it is plenty strong enough.  The Sherline can easily mill to 0.001 inch so
a 0.0002 inch accuracy vise like this works great.

Starrett sells them for only $744 :o))...  But, this Chinese one cost
$60.  A little spring finally fell off and it could use a little Loktite on
the clamp bar, but the basic vise is perfect.  The company can grind steel,
but they can't thread a screw...

They are from:

www.mscdirect-dot-com

# PM09206012

They have lots of other sizes to from the fine company called "import" :o))

http://www.mscdirect-dot-com/PDF.process?pdf=1518

$59.99  "was" a sale price.  They are normally about $87.  Not sure if the
sale price is still good.  But the site just let me add it to my cart and
says it is in stock and ready to ship.  So I guess the "PM" price still
works ;-))  If one buys something from MSC, you should probably try putting
"PM" in front of the part number first to see if they have a "promotional"
price they are not telling you about ;-))

So I can highly recommend these nice vises along with a tiny tube of
Loktite.  Just be sure not to pay too much ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry