Re: OLTC - IGBT bricks

Hi Steve,

They will be here tomorrow and I will get your two out ASAP!

I looked over the spec sheet and they look great!!  I do notice that Cies
is a stunning 120nF!!!  They are going to need some serious gate drive to
get them to 20V fast!!  I guess we need like Darlington pair IGBT inputs
now :o)) But should not be a big deal really.  Apparently, they "can" be
turned on in less than 0.5uS which is 20 times faster than we need...

I hope they work.  Since the gates are controlled with Kelvin connections
and they are single die (I think), they should be able to work.  Powerex
seems to have no problem "specing" them to 1200A pulse current!  Maybe "we"
can get them to go to 5,000 amps ;-))  Thanks for finding these.  I note
Powerex has some 4500V 1000 amp devices too while is almost in the MOT coil
range.  Our IGBTs go for about $300 and the big ones for about $700
new.  But they seem to go for a song on Ebay ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry