Re: help my coil, please

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 12:36 AM
Subject: Re: help my coil, please

 > Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Did you coat the secondary windings with anything?
 > Also, do the secondary wires go inside the coil
 > form at any point?
 >
 > Coupling looks good, those are the only things I can
 > think of.

Yes, 1 thin perfect coat of polyurethane, I should have probably left it at
that. The next day I put on a nice heavy coat and left it to dry in the
summer breeze. 1hr later dust and grass all over the thing from my nieghbors
yard. I removed most of the heavy coat and put on more indoors
And no, none of the wires went inside the secondary.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll play with it for awhile and see what I can
do to it.