Re: Machining / Lathe questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CanalRay-at-aol-dot-com>

One method I used in several shops I worked in is as follows. Obtain some
iron chips. I have got mine from places that do brake drum turning.
Completely cover the item to be heat treated with the iron chips. When the
item comes out of the oven and cools down, just dig out the parts. This may
not remove 100% of the oxide but you will find what does remain is
relatively easy to remove.

Tom Vales