Re: New website

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: New website
>Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:28:22 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Bart Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>Tesla list wrote:
>
>>Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz
>><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>>
>>I had videos, but they are HUGE and im working on compressing them somehow...
>
>Try Windows Media Encoder 9 available for free download at Microsoft. I
>use version 8 at work for converting training video to the .wmv format for
>producing training cd's. I simply use the encoder to convert mpegs to the
>new format. Compression is incredible and quality is high (in some cases,
>over 90% compression). There is a variety of output options which is good
>to play with until you find one that suits you. Their codecs go back far
>enough to allow even the old Windows Media Player 6.4 to play the .wmv
>format (the player is also at version 9 today).
>
>Take care,
>Bart

Bart,

Thank you for the tip!  I downloaded version 7 as im on an older computer
that WILL NOT handle v9.  I compressed a few of my WMV files.  It typically
took a 3.5MB file down to .5MB!  nice!  But, with my new digital camera
(not camcorder), i can only get AVI files.  For now ive got a divX encoder,
but its only a 15 day trial.  Do you know how to get the microsoft program
work with AVI files?  I cant get it to work :(  Well, maybe i should figure
it out for myself...

Thanks for the tip!

Steve

_