Re: MOT multiplier

Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 8:55 PM

 > Original poster: "Steve K by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<teslainnovations-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 >   I was thinking about making a 3x voltage multiplier
 > to use with a couple of MOTs, and was wondering if
 > anybody had any good ballast ideas.  Are there any
 > formulas out there to calculate a ballasting coil for
 > this use?
    Thanks,
      Steve K.

Hi Steve
If I were you, I would go dumpster diving for 2 more MOT's. My 4 MOT supply
gives 8 foot sparks, has been utterly reliable, has no semiconductors to
burn or caps to blow up and does not use a ballast (even before I got a
variac). See http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/

Cheers
Peter (Tesla Downunder)