Gatedrive waveforms

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Dan, all:

Thankyou, Dan, for this little tutorial, you are helping a lot in
extending the experience of SSTC`s to the part of this community, that
don`t have electronic experience, like myself.

You write, that when testing the gate drive signal, overshoot and slight
ringing is okay. I have recorded these waveforms from my board, this
being without the FET`s mounted.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/gatedrive.jpeg

The pink trace shows both turnons, and one turnoff, the green trace
shows the turnoff extended in time.

The turnons overshoot to 15.6V, then ring back to 9.4V

The turnoff`s overshoot 5V, then ring 4.2V opposite.

Having litle knowledge of this subject, I would like to ask, if these
are acceptable values for overshoot and ringing, so that I may proceed,
or is troubleshooting indicated.

I should be getting 125 IRFP460A`s this week, and am looking forward to
testing the rest of the features.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>