Re: Don't get mad, get glad ployethylene

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>>Glad Garage bags are made from 3 sheets(3 ply) of Polyethylene.
>>According to dielectric table at
         Which applies to pure polyethylene:
>  While these bags would probably work pretty well, I would caution that
> the dye in the plastic would alter the properties to some degree(my guess
> would be negatively).   I think I'd still choose the polyethylene drop
> cloths myself though.

         Concur.
         Also, unless the plies are equally doped with
         contaminant (dies) the voltage will not divide
         in proportion, likely leading to cascading
         failure of the plies.
--
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge
         -me
...for he has read everything, and written nothing...
         A J Raffles