Re: Tek 465B Scope Deal

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > Indeed, I see on Ebay that one can find much lower prices.  I suppose it
 > comes down to a convenience and reliability thing.

	I agree.  When I was looking around it turned out that a lot of the
cheaper 465's had something funny about them.  Now that I look back I
think the price I paid was about $190 plus maybe 25 bucks shipping and
insurance.  C&H has poorer ones in their store for about $450, but then
their prices are always erratic.

	When I got the thing the bezel was rather badly scratched.  I
complained to the guy I got it from and he sent me a virgin one for
free.  So, I'm satisfied with the deal and figure anyone who can afford
to buy a decent scope can pay a price which is a bit above eBay.  Sort
of like impulse buying, of which my wife is a master!!!

Ed