Question on bleed off resistor

Original poster: "Timothy Myers by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tjmyers-at-nortelnetworks-dot-com>

I have a single .02MFD (80KVDC) capacitor I will be connecting to a 7500/60
NST as part of a tesla coil tank circuit.  The output of the transformer is
540 Watts.

My question is, what size resistor can I safely get away with to bleed off
the charge in the capacitor?  I have 3 or 4 500 Ohm 100 Watt resistors
lying around I would like to make use of.

Thanks in advance,

Tim M.