Re: Biggg power & the Elecric company meet :{

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/30/03 10:48:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>David: a few years  passed , in Utah, I neaded 480V 400A 3 PHASE AND IT COST
>Me $21,OO0 to go 50 ft with a meter. That did not include the electritian or
>wire, only the power Co costs from the pole to the meter base with 3 pole
>pigs.
>     Robert    H
>--

Robert,

My episode occured in SW TN. late last year. I was only wanting single
phase residential with probably only a single 25 kVA pig since I was go-
ing to be the only customer on it :^) And what's bad is that in the future
as more people begin to move into the adjacent properties, they would
be able to "hook up" for a little of nothing w/out having to help me recoup
any of my $40K :^( I would have to buy the cable, poles, transformer(s)
and labor to install the service but once it's up, it then becomes the
property of the utility company. Don't quite seem fair to me but that's
the way it goes :^I

David Rieben