Re: Capacitor help

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/14/03 5:39:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>(2. The higher capacitance is also
>supposed to lower the spark gap losses, so in this respect,
>there may be a SLIGHT increase in output spark length.
>All in all, though, even the most efficient coils (efficiency
>defined by greatest spark length vs. input power) are pretty
>much relegated into the restraints of John Freau's spark length
>formula of which most of us are familiar with.
>
>David Rieben

David,

My main reason for suggesting that 120 bps operation is more
efficient at producing longer sparks than higher breakrates are, is
that I think the sparks "grow" better at 120 bps for a given
input power.  In other words I see the benefit of 120 bps as
something that happens in the sparks themselves and in the
ionized conditions of the spark channels.  This is the one
area of TC behaviour that have not been studied much yet.

John