Please Explain This

Original poster: "EMMETT SECREST" <secrest2032-at-msn-dot-com>

Being new to TC's there is a lot I have to learn so I could use some
insight from you more experienced coilers.  I discovered something that I
don't understand and would like to know the reasons for the results. I
tuned  for maximum streamer length with a nail on the toroid for breakout.
After I had determined what I thought was the best spot I removed the nail
and was running the coil and enjoying the results.  I was getting
intermittent streamers breaking out from the toroid. Then I decided to see
what effect it would have to change the tuning.  I found that by changing
the tuning by roughfly 1 turn I got almost constant streamers off the
toroid.  Which position is the correct tuning spot? The one with a breakout
point or the one without?

Emmett

_