First Light then Failure

Original poster: "Alan by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>

Hello everyone,
I finally got my coil to run tonight. At first I ran it with a 15kv/30ma
NST with a .015uf swc. I got some sparks off the toroid but only about
6-8". So, I put 2 15/30ma nst's in parralel and removed 3 bottles from my
12 bottle geek group salt water cap. After that I could get no spark from
the toroid. SOmetime I got nothing and sometimes when I moved the tap in, i
got sparks but they all seemed to be going down my secondary. I kept
adjusting the tap looking for a good spot and then finally it "popped" and
then nothing would happen when I plugged it in. I'm praying I didn't break
the NST's but I'm afraid that might be it. Anyway, what was happening here?

Thanks,
Alan