RE: ...sounds totally newbie, but...

Hi Jim,

At say 250kHz we get about 127k of reactance from a 5pF cap.  Your probably
right, the 200k resistor should do fine as an approximate load.  Be
interesting to see if the resistor will arc across the outside ;-)  It is
also wire wound so there is some inductance, but probably small compared to
the secondary inductance.  Let me know if anyone wants to try and I'll pack
it up and send it.

Cheers,

         Terry