Re: Coating Secondary with Epoxy

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

I would just give it another coat of epoxy, this time really mix the stuff
good. Don't try to remove the bad stuff. I have rescued bad cures two times
by doing this. I use Envirotex pour on, which is not very forgiving to poor
mixing. This might be similar to what you used since the cure time is the
same. I have found that I really have to whip it up for a good 2 minutes
with an acid brush (Home Depot item). This creates a ton of little bubbles,
which disappear quickly in the presence of carbon dioxide. If your secondary
is small, you can just lightly blow on it to get rid of the bubbles. If it
is large, you will likely pass out from this method, so find another way!
Adequate ventilation is important (for you, not the coil) if you are going
to be blowing on the coil for any length of time.

Sometimes I get a cure where the epoxy will be soft but not sticky even
after 48 hours. This means that you will leave the indentation of finger
prints, but the epoxy does not feel tacky. In this case, I have noticed that
the epoxy will eventually be rock hard after a few days to a week.

Sue