Techfest 2003 - Bombay

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

 From Pavnesh Arora at <mailto:pavnesh-at-me.iitb.ac.in>pavnesh-at-me.iitb.ac.in
via Jeff Parisse

Techfest, the annual technology festival of the Indian Institute of
Technology Bombay(IITB), is a unique forum where the youth of today gets an
opportunity to experience and interact with science and technology in all
its myriad forms. With a wide range of events including competitions,
workshops, lectures and exhibitions,Techfest has become the foremost event
of its kind in India enjoying the participation of over 15,000 students
from 750 different colleges nationwide and 1500 faculty and corporate
executives from all over the country.

There are many events in techfest which display the cutting edge technology
from all over the world, but to make it more relaxed and festive at night
we have "Techfest at dark" which has in the past seen a state of the art
laser show, virtual reality systems, Mercedes-Benz SL Roadster 500 launch
in India and many other cutting edge technologies. We this year plan to
have a demonstration of tesla coils at Techfest, IIT Bombay, India. We
contacted Mr. Jeff Parisse of KVA Effects but he has bookings on that date.
We have also contacted a few more people but things haven't seem to
materialize. We would greatly appreciate if someone could come upfront and
help us in putting up a show which would be the first of its kind in India.
We are willing to bear the expenses for the show within our limitations and
to the best of our capability. With not much time left to the festival
(scheduled from 31st Jan to 2nd Feb) we will surely have to be prompt.

The demonstration as we expect would last for 1 hr to 2 hrs. The
demonstration would ideally contain an introductory lecture highlighting
the technical aspects and evolution of Tesla coils followed by a
demonstration of the tesla coil. The demonstration would contain various
stunts with the coil namely the high voltage high frequency effect, burning
of a few wood pieces, faraday cage effect, etc.. We would be having the
demonstration for about 3000 audience. We can provide the demonstration
arena dimensions for reference too. The demonstration would be held on 31st
January 2003, at IIT Bombay, India campus from 8:00 PM IST(at night) onwards.

In Great Anticipation,

Pavnesh Arora, Manager Events

Techfest 2003, IIT Bombay

<mailto:pavnesh-at-me.iitb.ac.in>pavnesh-at-me.iitb.ac.in