Re: Tesla like medical device on TV

Hi Bob,

The patent (5,317,155 ) reads...

=================

Corona discharge apparatus

Abstract

A power amplifier for use in medical and veterinary testing and therapy. A
tunable pulse-width-modulated signal generator is connected to a gating
element to provide a digital waveform suitable for comprehensive control of
the waveform shape and average output power provided by the apparatus. The
digital waveform controls a power driver. Through use of a high-Q resonant
circuit including a capacitor and a primary winding of a coil assembly, a
voltage of about 150-400 volts is increased to about 10 kilovolts at the
primary winding. The coil assembly has a secondary:primary turns ratio of
10:1, resulting in a signal of about 100 kilovolts at the output of the
secondary winding. This arrangement produces a corona discharge at a
discharge pin connected to the secondary winding. A manual tuning
embodiment and a self-tuning embodiment are disclosed.

:-)))

Cheers,

         Terry