Tesla like medical device on TV

Original poster: "Bob Wroblewski by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bwroblewski-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Y'all,

   Last week on a local television news (WB56 Boston)
health watch segnment was featured a device called
"Energex" that was used for the treatment of TMJ
(Temporomandibular Joint) pain. That is the pivot
point of the jaw.
  The device looked like a hand held hair dryer with a
two inch diameter tube (barrel) that had a recessed
electrode that was outputting about a inch streamer
that was within the confines of the exit hole.
  The patient shown recieving a treatment in the video
segment sits in the dental chair while the operator
holds the device near the jaw pivot, quite similiar to
getting an x-ray.
  I contacted the newscaster for more info and was sent
an email from where I found the web address as
follows. http://www.orthosonix-dot-com  From the homepage
you then select 'The Product "Energex"' for more
details and a photo of the device and the control
console. Also select 'clinical studies' for more info.
The system 'manual' link is disabled, pity.
  The newscast showed the discharge end that is not
shown on the website but the site gives frequencies of
operation- 460Khz that is pulsed at 660Hz.
  To me, the output streamers looked very much like the
discharge end of the ETP handheld vacuum tester. I
wonder how the treatment actually works? Maybe by
imparing the nerve cells that transmit pain signals??
Yikes! Hmm, we could do whole body treatments-kidding!

Bob Wroblewski (N1INU)
Dracut, MA