Parallel-resonant primary tank?

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Most if not all the spark-gap Tesla coils I have seen described use a
series-resonant primary with the tuned circuit in parallel with the gapor
less commonly, a series-connected gap and primary in parallel with the
capacitor.

Is it possible to build a spark-gap TC with a parallel-resonant primary in
series with the gap like so?
+-----+
|     |
|    gap
|     |
psu   +-----+
|     |     |
|     L1    C2
|     |    |
------+-----+

or (as I suspect)would it be more complicated needing a circuit more like this:
|    gap         |
psu   +-----+    C1
|     L2    C2   |
Also, is there any use in any of this?