Re: TC strike length

Original poster: "Scott Hanson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

DC -

I'm having trouble visualizing this "subdivided multiple spark gap" based on
your description.

Tell me where I've gone wrong:

1. Let's say I have strung a 10 foot length of heavy nylon fishing line
between two insulated posts. The fishing line is ten feet above the ground.
Now I have a "series of wooden dowels hanging down from the fishing line".
What is the spacing between the dowels? How many individual dowels would be
used for the "10 foot" unit?

2. "Each down has a 1 inch long finishing nail (head cut off) spaced at 1
inch intervals". I'm lost here. One nail per dowel, or a whole row of nails
per dowel, spaced at 1 inch intervals? Are all the nails in a straight row?
Is each nail (in the row of nails) parallel to the fishline?

3. Is there a ground connection made somewhere in this setup? Where is the
output of the coil connected?

Obviously, a sketch (or even an ASCI hieroglyphic) would be worth a thousand
words.

Regards,
Scott Hanson