Re: Comments on my coil?

Original poster: "Dave Lewis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvdave-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Thanks Josh,

Well its great to know you're getting 5 footers with that set up.  That
gives me some hope.  I would be really happy with that performance.

Adding another cap just might be what I need to suck the watts out of my
NST's.  The difference between the voltage on the primary (and
performance) with one NST or both in parrallel is not great.   I
measured the voltage with a HV probe into my scope with the coil
running.   That makes me agree with your comment.

The down side of the other caps is it will force me to use a fewer turn
primary, which are harder to tune IMO.  However, I've got a nice little
tuning coil that in series with the main primary coil which should make
it much easier.

I agree that the was #22 too big for my secondary.  If I wind up a new
secondary, I'm going to consider #24 down to #28.  I have a big spool
7lb of #26 right now so that hopefully that might work well.  If I did
double my pri cap, a new secondary with more inductance would be nice to
lower resonant frequency.

Thanks
Dave Lewis

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>