Re: Comments on my coil?

Original poster: "Dave Lewis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvdave-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Thanks Gary,

I've seen your excellent web pages and was inspired by your "pool-toy"
toroid.

So now I've got a nice pool toy thats a just little bigger than my
current toroid.  I was thinking of covering it (pool toy) with first a
thin layer of paper mache, then strips of light weight linen soaked in
polyester resin (aka fiber glass), and finaly then applying some kind of
sandable filler to smooth out all the imperfections.  That hopefully
will be stiff enough to coat with the aluminum tape and burnish to a
smooth surface.  I figure the paper mache layer will keep the polyester
resin from melting the pool toy while its curing.

You are absolutely right about the EMI filter vs NST protection filter
terminology.   I'm a power supply designer by trade and we always call
the "thing-a-ma-bob" that sits between the line and converter an EMI
filter, just out of habit.

Dave Lewis